Sunday, August 14, 2011

bailarines toda la vida

I watched my friends in a community dance performance this weekend and was super impressed. The show was made up of two dance groups, admittedly, I can't remember the name of the first group, it was something about the wind. I think it was Lady of the winds, maybe? I'm terrible. I looked everywhere to find my program I brought home but I can't find it. :(

Fortunately, my friends weren't in this performance, so I don't have to feel too bad about not remembering the exact name. But I do have to feel bad about this picture I took with a flash which they specifically asked that we not do. I thought I had taken the flash off, but my camera has been fucking up lately. So, at a critical moment of the performance, the crescendo, if you will, my fucking flash went off and this is what I got -



My friends were in the group Bailarines Toda la Vida and I got some cool videos of them. I'm not the best at interpretations, especially since the descriptions of the dances were in Spanish and my ability to pay attention to detail is non-existent. But I believe the first two videos I took below represent wars between groups. And the 3rd one I took, I'm not completely clear on what this part represents. I believe it's supposed to represent the disappeared persons from the Dirty War in the late 1970s in Argentina where thousands of people disappeared during a military dictatorship in the country. It could also be that wandering around in the dark with your eyes closed and touching other people can be very relaxing and nice.








I had participated in a few of these classes but couldn't make the practice/rehearsals before the performances so I couldn't join them. :( It was still so great to see everything come together really well. :)



The lovely dancers:
Victoria & Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment