Saturday, July 9, 2011

5 months down, 5 months to go?



I'm approaching my 5 month point on the 16th of this month and it feels crazy. On one hand it feels like I've been here for a long time. On the other hand the time has flown by. Right now it's looking like I'm about halfway done with my trip here. If I can make it to December financially, I'd love to be able to finish out my class semester and get back to everyone I love in time for Christmas.

At the moment I'm trying not to think too much about my trip home, but it's hard. I feel like I have one foot in Argentina and one foot stretching several thousands of miles all the way to the U.S. I'm afraid at some point I'll be in the splits completely and then fall into the Caribbean or something really silly. How do we learn to really enjoy the moments we have as best we can, while we have the moment. It's always easy to look back at something and think, oh yeah, that was awesome. But what about when you are physically in that moment of awesomeness? It's hard not to be thinking of some other shit you have to take care of later, or that email you have to send, or that class you have to plan for, etc. I'm working on it, and just like I always say, I will get there.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I like this philosophical post :) We're so often looking forward or looking back. Just remember to relish it all while you're there.

    ReplyDelete