Tuesday, April 14, 2009

patsy cline

I find it unfortunate that so many of Patsy Cline's songs were about surrendering her man to another woman. Patsy was so much better than that.

If I could go back in time and be her producer I would write a song called "Meh" and have her sing that. It would be about how this guy she loves probably isn't all that great anyway. He may talk a lot about what a noble person he is, but Patsy doesn't need to be with a hypocrite. She's better off alone, free as a bird with the world at her feet.

During my time travel I would steal Beyonce's "All the single ladies" theme and have Patsy do some type of hand gesture toward her crotch in the music video. You know the one where you straighten your arms and bring them down in a swift motion in front of you and say "suck it."

She would be too much woman for any man to handle. And if any man did decide to be brave enough to be with her, he would know better than to ever cheat on her.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I know you but I see you're following my blog.

    I like your style of writing. Also, Elvis Perkins is cool. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!I love the idea of going back in time and using beyonce's defiant empowering style to add to patsy cline's. patsy would have dug it.

    I agree with your point about not worshiping the memory of the man who moved on like that. He left and therefore cannot offer her what she needs so he's not good anymore and she needs to find someone who can help her love herself.

    i noticed that unrequited love songs are pretty pathetic a lot of the time because it seems people write them before they get over their lost love, so they aren't thinking straight. That could be part of the appeal - lots of people have been at this stage and they can relate. When you're in love or heartbroken you're kind of crazy (i was told that "in love" brain waves resemble those of a schizophrenic) and it's hard to think rationally and let the person go so easily. It may be an evolutionary advantage (also disadvantage!) that people (esp women it seems) get so attached to their partner and try to hold on.

    when i listen to the radio i avoid love songs bc it just reminds me of the fact that women have a harder time during that phase of post-relationship. i can't really make peace with the idea that men seem to love less

    ReplyDelete