Elvis knew exactly what he was doing. This song came on my ipod recently and made me laugh. It's all there in the title: "It's now or never." Elvis was so smooth he could take a coerced one night stand and turn it into the most beautiful poetry. I'm sure this came from several particular experiences he had, too.
Elvis: Look, babe, I'm leaving in the morning, so are we gonna do this or....?
Attractive woman: Oh, Elvis, I don't know, this is the 50s and women aren't supposed to want to just have sex and never speak to the guy again.
Elvis: Right, right, okay. Well, it's now or never. And, I'm Elvis. So can we do this or can we do this? Do you have condoms? No? It's cool, I'll pull out in time. I think I'll write a song about this.
Who would say no to this guy? And, oh, by the way, he looks like this:
No living woman would say no to that, unless it was 1977 and this Elvis was telling you he'd pull out in time:
Sure you will, fat Elvis.


This made me very happy. :)
ReplyDelete