Tuesday, January 17, 2012

john cougar mellencamp



I can always count on Cougar Mellencamp to make me feel patriotic as FUCK.

This song makes me want to nod my head at a stranger/fellow American I meet in a gas station somewhere in the south or midwest who coincidentally is also buying a bag of doritos, pork rinds and an Arizona iced tea.

This song makes me want to slap my son's back in a playful way if I were a man and his baseball coach and we had just lost the tournament game, but hey, life ain't so bad, little guy. **American flag flies in the background** Now let's go to Dairy Queen!

This song makes me want to shake my head in slow motion while laughing and giving the thumbs up at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert to a silly, middle-aged passerby dressed in hot pants that say "Free Bird" on the butt.

This song makes me want to chase a bison on a horse just because.

This song makes me want to crack open a Budweiser and then drink it.

This song makes me want to marry my high school sweetheart and reminisce with him years later about how he used to be a great quarterback but now that he lost his job at the plant, I want to throw it up in his face that he's 40 pounds overweight and hasn't touched a football in 10 years.

2 comments:

  1. "This song makes me want to crack open a Budweiser and then drink it.: BAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holaa. te invito a
    http://www.christianyamao.com/
    un saludoo

    ReplyDelete