Saturday, April 16, 2011

la boca & more boogers

The other day I went to La Boca for the first time with my friend Jenny. This is the part of the city that tourists love to go to where they have brightly colored houses and tango dancers everywhere. Jenny works for Boca Juniors, a local, but very popular football, [ahem, soccer], team in the city. So she took me to La Bombonera [their stadium]. And there I danced the smooth moves of Mr. Milli and Mr. Vanilli.



babababa



babababa baby!



don't forget mah numbah!



Afterwards we went to a cafe and sat outside to drink a bottle of Quilmes.





And then visited the lovely painted buildings along with other random finds.













The day was completely perfect. In fact, on the ride home it got even better. I was sitting on a very crowded bus when a cute little boy who looked to be about 4 years old was pushed a bit by the crowd into my personal bubble and into the seat with me. We sat for a minute or two in the seat together before his sister, who might've been about 6 years old, noticed he was there. She tried to pull him out saying he shouldn't be there. I looked at her and told her it was okay if he stayed with me. She frowned and seemed defeated and looked away. The little boy looked up at me and smiled really big and I smiled back and winked. Aaaaahhh, so lovely. But it gets better. We sat roaring down the road in a packed bus, jolting forward as it accelerated. Suddenly I watched as the little boy picked his nose and then wiped it on the seat in front of us...

Do you believe in magic? I didn't until that moment, but I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment