Wednesday, March 9, 2011

my day



My day sort of started out like this Michael Jackson song/video.

I had to schlep over to a faraway place at the end of the subway line today to pick up my books for the class I begin teaching tomorrow. (yaaaay! work & money!) It's a long subway ride and then a longer walk to get to the building and it was a hot day out.

Things started out a little bad when I looked in my little booklet to retrieve the address of this building. I had taken notes on the job when I was there before and it turns out I'll be making less an hour than I originally thought. Damn my brain and it's poor attention to detail!

I entered the underground putrid sauna that is the subway system and slicked my way onto the train where I stood sandwiched next to other equally stinky people. In this city I step outside and instantly start to stink. I don't keep very well in this heat.

After I got off the subway I walked in the heat toward the building, sweating my ass off. As I walked I was reminded of yet another reason why us ladies should never shave. I was hot, itchy and uncomfortable. I would've been better off pouring fire ants into my underwear and putting on some hot pants to keep them tightly enclosed. Needless to say I took a few wide, awkward steps on my way there (for adjustment purposes).

Once I got there and they threw a few books and attendance sheets at me, I made my way back.

I stopped at a little cafe and got some coffee and a sandwich. Just so you know, the waiters & waitresses here on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being hostile/volatile and 10 being indifferent are normally at about a 5, sometimes a 3 or 4. They are usually not happy to see or help you. My waitress today was at about a 4. Also, the food here is usually pretty bland. I don't dislike it yet, but I know I will probably get bored soon. You have your choice between cheese sandwiches, or ham and cheese sandwiches, and that's kind of it. They don't even put any damn honey mustard or mayo on it. Jesus, just put some salt on 2 sheets of paper and that'll do the job just as well!

From this point on, my afternoon felt more like this Michael Jackson song

A good mood crept up on me out of nowhere just like Michael singing at the beginning of this song. **whispering** ....you make feel like, you make feel like--WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I left the restaurant, put on my headphones and floated the rest of the way back to the subway. I'm not sure why, but I suddenly felt as happy as a fart in a windstorm. Michael Jackson was on my iPod and I was happy as fuck. I felt like dancing and skipping my way down the sidewalks lined with trash and dog shit. Everyone I looked at was smiling and I was filled with that inexplicable feeling we sometimes get for no reason when you just feel like everything is right with the world. So, to celebrate I bought a cheap shirt, (shown above in photo of me doing ta-da gesture), which will probably fall apart after I wear it twice, and then I danced my way down into the subway where not even the gruff ticket woman who I bought my subway pass from could make me feel bad.

You can't take this good mood away from me, mean lady! And no, I DON'T have change!....

Keep on with the force don't stop, don't stop til you get enough! Keep on with the force don't stop.....

No comments:

Post a Comment