Tuesday, February 24, 2009

no mistakes

This is a promise to myself that I will do my best to avoid sociopaths in the future. All I hope is that I'm not a magnet for them.
But of course I say that and in a few months I will be right back in the same position again. Isn't that always how it works? We tend to repeat our mistakes. Do they have to be mistakes though? If they help us grow and eventually make us a better person, than we can just call it an experience.
To me a mistake is when you are writing an e-mail for work to the head of a major company and you type in the greeting "Dear afternoon" instead of "Good afternoon." It's too late! I already sent the e-mail! God DAMMIT!!
That's a mistake.
A split-second screw-up.
Also a true story of mine.
I digress.
Relationships, no matter how terrible or how fucked up, I think, should always be thought of as experiences, not mistakes. Some are good, some are bad. But hopefully we learned something from it that will make us or the other person hurt less the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment